Two-Day Financial Management Seminar
Download Seminar Flyer
"This course is an absolute necessity for quilt shop owners and managers!"
Laurie Harsh, The Fabric Shop Network Inc.
A Two-Day Seminar To Improve Profitability And Financial Control
Why You Should Attend!
Maximizing profit and cash flow during difficult economic times can test the skills of any business owner or manager. Successful companies have found the key to improving profitability is sound financial management. Sadly, poor financial management is the number one cause of business failure. This two-day seminar teaches in clear, layman's language the proven tools and techniques of financial management to maximize profits and cash flow with less risk.
Designed for business owners, entrepreneurs, managers and others who affect financial performance, this seminar stresses practical applications and problem solving. Through the use of case studies, owners and managers analyze actual business situations and find useful solutions to common problems. Best of all, you'll be able to use these tools in your business right way.
If you have ever wondered what your financial statements are really telling you and how to use this information to improve your bottom line. This seminar is for you.
Over 20,000 owners and managers have already taken this seminar and rated it "excellent."
2011 Dates and Location - TBA
Using Financial Statements As Management Tools
- Understand the accounting process
- Analyzing your balance sheet and P&L
- Identifying problems and solutions with ratios
- Doing margin analysis & using asset management techniques
- Analyzing financial cause and effect
- Analyzing Industry comparison
- Using break-even analysis to better control costs
- Learning how cost patterns affect profits
- Maximizing profit with operating leverage
- Analyzing pricing strategies
- Controlling business when sales slide
Profit & Cash Flow Planning
- Using effective long and short-term planning strategies
- Projecting monthly sales, expenses and profits
- Forecasting cash needs with accuracy
- Managing cash flow with a cash budget
- Understanding the differences between profit and cash flow
- Learning how growth affects cash flow and profits
- Controlling your business growth
- Projecting the asset needs of a growing firm
- Identifying your sustainable growth rate
- Forecasting the "Financing Gap" created by growth
Getting Money From A Bank
- Proper debt structuring for your business
- Understanding the loan approval process
- Negotiating better rates and terms
- What bankers look for in a loan request
- Absolute Dos and Don'ts
Case studies are used to reinforce the practical application of each covered topic. Participants receive a comprehensive reference guide with useful checklists, guidelines, tables and worksheets.
This course qualifies for 16 hours of CPE credit by the Washington State Board of Accountancy.
"This seminar gave me a new understanding of how to evaluate my business as well as ideas for changes to make in order to improve my profit. The information is presented in a manner that makes learning fun. The benefits I received were well worth my investment of time and money." Laura Dickson, A Common Thread
Enrollment & Confirmation
To enroll complete the attached form and return it with payment to The Fabric Shop Network Inc. Enrollment is limited to 40 participants. Confirmation of your registration will be made before the seminar begins.
Tuition for Financial Seminar Alumni is $299.00, FabShopNet Retailers' Association Members is $299.00; non-members $499.00. Price includes all materials, lunch, and refreshments each day. Tuition is payable to The Fabric Shop Network, Inc. and is tax deductible.
Please bring a handheld calculator.
Cancellation and Substitutions
If you cancel at least 21 business days prior to the start of a seminar, you will be given a full refund. After that time, no refunds will be granted. Enrollment may be transferred to a future seminar for a period of one year. No-shows will be charged a $75 no-show fee to attend a later seminar. Substitutions may be made at any time.
About the Instructor
Dennis L. Fowler has been an advisor to business as a banker and financial consultant for more than 25 years. As an officer and director of several companies, he has extensive, first-hand knowledge and experience solving the financial problems facing most businesses. Mr. Fowler conducts numerous seminars on financial management, has also designed financial analysis software, and co-authored two books. He holds an MBA in Finance and Management.
Download Seminar Flyer
Sign Up Today!